Astrologie Robert von Heeren
Astrological Research Projects
Verifying interpretation approaches
Current research project: Research and verification of different interpretive approaches of the interpretive factor Chiron.
Background of the research project:
Der Minor planet Chiron was discovered in 1977 by astronomer Charles T. Kowal. This minor planet has been of great interest to astrologers ever since for several reasons:
- Astronomically it was the first minor planet whose orbit around the sun is far out in the solar system. The orbit is very elliptical and stretches from Saturn to Uranus in the vicinity of the sun. Accordingly long (approx. 50 years) Chiron needs for an orbit around the sun. Thus it was clear from the beginning that it has nothing to do with the known asteroids of the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter and in contrast to most asteroids it is a »slow mover« - thus for the astrology of änlicher meaning like Saturn and Uranus could be.
- Astronomers soon found out that Chiron also has a tail. However, it is much too big for typical comets. Furthermore, typical comets develop a tail only at solar altitude - when they enter the innermost part of the solar system (within the orbits of Mars and Earth). But Chiron is much too far away from the Sun to be caught by it. Meanwhile it is known that a so called »cold volcanism« leads to this strange comet-like activity. Chiron is therefore not a usual comet, among other things also therefore the astronomers called it at the beginning also »Maverick« (loner/outsider).
- Chiron's tail sometimes disappears. So it is neither a clear comet nor a typical asteroid. One rather suspects that it is a representative of a forerunner of these two groups. The naming with »Chiron« turned out to be very coherent, because this figure is half man and half horse in the greek mythology, thus a centaur.
- After other objects with similar characteristics were discovered in the following years, e.g. Pholus (1992) and Nessus (1993), the astronomers realized that they must be an own group of minor planets, which was unknown until then. They christened this group »Centaurs«-objects and named them after corresponding figures of the Greek mythology. Chiron was the first representative of this new group and is therefore of great importance for the astrological interpretation of the later discovered Centaurs.
- Wound, wounding, chronic diseases, possibly with psychsomatic background (trauma, birth trauma).
- Healing and in case of a strong position in the natal chart inclination to healing professions (healer, psychologist etc.)
- Birth of something new
- Influence on life path and choice of profession
- Encounter with key figures
- and much more.
In the last few years different interpretations have been developed around the interpretation of Chiron in the horoscope, which deal in essence, for example, with the extent to which Chiron is connected with the following themes:
My current research project is about two questions:
- Is there a common denominator behind the partly very different interpretations?
- Is Chiron related to important changes/turning points in life and to what extent do these have an influence on the professional career and career choice?
Approach: As a first (phase I) step I'm focussing on question No. 2. Thereby I first conduct oral interviews with interested people of different groups: astrologers, non-astrologers and sceptics.
These interviews last about 1-2 hours and are held exclusively online/virtually via video call (Google Meet) and are not recorded. I ask various questions, which the participants answer as spontaneously as possible and for which no prior astrological knowledge is necessary. I then note down the most important statements and findings during and after the meeting. Whether and in which form the results of this first study will be published depends on the outcome. Depending on this, I will start a second phase from about 2024, in which I will also conduct standardized written surveys, which may also be able to be statistically evaluated.
Interview partners wanted:
I am currently looking for interview partners for the first phase. Prerequisites for participation are:
- Date of birth, place of birth and exact civil birth time (you can find this out at the birth registry/office of your place of birth in almost every country in the world, for more information see infos).
- The interview can be conducted either in German or English, appropriate language skills are required.
- You agree to a video call. I conduct these interviews only by video call, not by phone.
- For the video call, your internet connection should be stable (I recommend LAN instead of WLAN connection of your PC). To participate in the Google Meet-Call-Call you need a microphone and a webcam (both are integrated e.g. in laptops), you don't need to install any special software for this - you only need a browser. Please check beforehand that your browser is as up-to-date as possible. Google-Meet works best with Google-Chrome.
- You are available for possible later inquiries e.g. by e-mail or phone.
Of course, you will not incur any further obligations to continue participating in the research project. Apart from the time involved, the interviews are free of charge. Data protection is guaranteed: Your data will only be stored locally on my computer in encrypted form, will not be passed on to third parties, and will only be used in any subsequent publications with your consent. Horoscopes are always anonymized.
Please contact me by e-mail or phone if you would like to be interviewed and make an appointment. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Keep in mind that the interview is not a complete horoscope interpretation, but only a special part of it is illuminated. It is therefore not a consultation!
Support this astrology research project:
Astro-research needs a lot of time, patience and generates considerable expenses e.g. for the analysis of the data, the license costs of the necessary software, server costs, etc. If you would like to support this research project with a small donation, you are welcome to send an amount of your choice via Paypal to me. I assure you that these donations will be used exclusively for the costs of this research project.
Simply enter »donation for astro research project on Chiron« as purpose in PayPal.